Presse Commerce Corporation and its divisions value your privacy and are concerned about how your personal information is handled.
In this policy, for ease of reading, the term "Presse Commerce" will be used to represent Presse Commerce Corporation and its divisions.
How is your personal information collected?
There are several ways that Presse Commerce can use your personal information to provide you with information. Transactional website, web forms, telephone, postal notices, fax and newsletter.
We may also obtain your personal information from our business partners. Partners with whom you have done business.
What personal information do we collect?
When you communicate with us, whether to place an order, obtain information, access the customer portal, send us a request via a form, in short for any type of contact, a certain amount of personal information may be necessary for the proper conduct of our business activities. Depending on the type of communication, service or activity, personal information may include:
- • Contact and identification information such as: first name, last name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, age, language of communication and gender;
- • Biographical information such as name of employer, type of company and job title;
- • Information on communication preferences;
- • Billing information such as: billing address, billing media preference, bank account data, payment data, products or services ordered, currency used;
- • History of services rendered and communications with us;
- • Certain employment information if you are employed by Presse Commerce or have applied for a position: education, employment history, criminal background check, driver's license, health or other information relevant to hiring, evaluating a candidate or performing a job within the company;
- • Like most web sites, we collect information on web site usage as well as technical information such as visits, IP address, geolocation, browser software, operating system, display language, source, device type, uncompleted order content, dates of visits, etc. Some information may be collected and stored on cookies and other web technologies.
How is personal information used?
We use your personal information primarily in connection with the services you have subscribed to or the products you have ordered. These services or products may be offered directly by Presse Commerce or by a third-party partner. This information is necessary for us to process your request, complete your transaction and communicate with you. It is also necessary to keep track of your customer file in order to provide you with the best possible service.
Your personal information may also be used for other purposes such as:
- • To facilitate the use of our websites, to validate that content is relevant and to ensure that it is presented in the most effective way for you based on your device;
- • For legal reasons: to enforce our rights, to cooperate with the authorities, to prevent fraud, to conduct background checks that could harm us;
- • For marketing purposes: to provide information on new services, on our other divisions, on business partners;
- • For any change or reorganization of Presse Commerce: for example, by merging or transferring part of our business, or during an audit, we may need to transfer certain personal information to a third party;
- • For recruitment purposes: to evaluate and process job applications for employment with Presse Commerce;
- • For statistical purposes, useful for the proper functioning of the services and products offered by Presse Commerce;
What security measures are in place?
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized use or disclosure, loss or theft.
For example: All personal information is stored on servers with restricted access, and persons with physical access to these servers are limited. Encryption technologies are used during electronic data transfer and on backup copies. No credit card information is stored by Presse Commerce. We have taken steps to ensure that only those employees who have a bona fide business need to access your personal information can do so.
In the course of our business, we may need to transfer some of your personal information to a partner so that you can obtain the service or product to which you have subscribed. For example, as part of a delivery, a subscription served directly by a publisher, during order preparation by a third-party partner, or for pre-employment checks.
In all cases, please be assured that only the personal information necessary to fulfill our obligations to you will be transferred.
In order to comply with any legal obligations or to defend our rights, we may be required to share certain personal information.
If your personal information is transferred outside Quebec, we will ensure that our partners take the necessary precautions to ensure that your personal information is managed appropriately.
How long we use your information
We keep your personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which you have authorized us to collect it. Presse Commerce also retains personal information for at least as long as required by applicable law. Once this period has expired, your personal information will be destroyed or anonymized in accordance with established rules. For more information, please contact the person responsible for the protection of personal information. You will find contact information in this policy.
There is no such thing as zero risk. Despite all the precautions and systems in place, it is possible for incidents to occur. Should such a situation arise, Presse Commerce will take the following measures:
- • Keep an incident log;
- • Inform the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec if the incident presents a risk of serious harm or involves sensitive information;
- • Contact those affected by the incident;
You also have the right to withdraw the consent you have given us in the past. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal information so that we can update it. In the vast majority of cases, you can do so by contacting our various customer services departments. Presse Commerce will respond to your request within 30 days.
Consent to the policy
Minors under the age of 14 must obtain the consent of their parent or guardian before providing us with their personal information except where such collection will clearly benefit the minor.
By e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail :
3339 Griffith Street
H4T 1 W5